Build your network, increase your confidence, and grow your skills with the IT Mentoring Program.
Applications are now being accepted for the 2023 IT Mentoring Program. All IT staff at Stanford are invited and encouraged to participate as a mentor, mentee, or both.
Want to get involved? Act soon: The deadline to apply is Wednesday, Dec. 21, 2022.
For those participating, the 2023 program will kick off in January and wrap up in August.
Joining the IT Mentoring program brings great benefits.
In a survey of the 2022 program participants, 100% of respondents said they found their mentoring sessions to be a valuable use of time.
Top benefits listed by program participants include:
- Improved listening skills
- Friendships and connections
- New technical and soft skills
- Gained institutional knowledge
- Clarity and new perspectives
- More confidence and self-awareness
- Deeper understanding of other roles, teams, and departments
While the program lasts for six months each year, participants say the relationships built during this time often last much longer.
New, expanded options
This year’s IT Mentoring Program offers some exciting new options to meet the diverse needs of our growing IT Community. These include:
- Mentors can now volunteer to mentor a Year Up intern as part of the IT Mentoring Program: Previously, there was a separate mentoring program (IDEAL IT Mentoring) where staff could volunteer to mentor Year Up interns. Integrating the IDEAL IT Mentoring Program directly into IT Mentoring Program will streamline processes and communications.
- Just-in-time mentoring: We are piloting a new option that will provide IT staff access to a one-time mentor for just-in-time problem solving. At this point in time, we are recruiting mentors who want to serve in this capacity (either exclusively or in addition to a regular mentoring relationship). Mentors will have the option to indicate their interest within the IT Mentoring Program application form. Once we have assembled a pool of interested mentors, we will open up the pilot so folks can try this out on an as-needed basis.
- (Coming soon!) Sponsorship opportunities for BIPOC staff: This option is still under development. Program leads are targeting spring 2023 for an official roll out.
If you have questions or would like more information about the IT Mentoring Program, contact the UIT Organizational Effectiveness team at email@example.com.
Learn more about the IT Mentoring program and submit your application»