More than 350 participants have graduated from STLP since it was first established in 2010. The program is designed to support individual growth of current or aspiring IT leaders at Stanford, and develop an IT community at Stanford that can work more effectively across organizations to deliver the information technology our university needs to achieve its mission.
This program provides opportunities for leaders of technical strategy and operations to work together to identify and resolve issues as well as to define and propose opportunities to improve Stanford.
Program participants are equally divided between IT professionals in schools and departments and University IT staff. View the CY2023 program dates.
The program consists of onsite workshops, guest speakers, opportunities to collaborate on small projects, and individual coaching. STLP objectives include:
- Enhance role of technical leaders in leading change
- Develop communication skills (increase effectiveness of having ideas heard; increase influencing skills)
- Increase collaboration skills
- Increase understanding of the technical aspect of University/school directions
- Deepen knowledge of Stanford
- Build community
- Identify common opportunities/concerns
- Propose ways to rationalize technical choices across the University
- Discuss opportunities for developing a common IT strategic plan
Participants meet during five two-day sessions. STLP sponsors should expect to make participants available for the entirety of the scheduled dates. While it is understood that an absence may need to occur, please note that if a participant misses two two-day sessions, they will be dropped from the cohort.
To nominate yourself or someone else for participation in this program, complete this nomination form.